Strawberry/Rhubarb Crumb Pie
An amazing baked strawberry pie recipe to try !
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 pound fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cold butter
In a large mixing bowl, beat egg. Add the sugar, flour and vanilla; mix well. Gently fold in rhubarb and strawberries. Pour into pastry shell.
For topping, combine flour, brown sugar and oats in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. The baked strawberry pie is ready to serve...enjoy it !